I did it again.
I travelled to Japan and caught the very beginnings of the Sakura season. It wasn’t my intention when I originally booked this trip but I am grateful nonetheless. Almost two years ago during my first trip to Japan, I caught the tail end when the cherry blossoms were falling and almost gone.
Did I shop? Yes. Did I eat? Yes. Did I sightsee? A little (hah). I travelled through Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo during this trip. Being a city girl, I didn’t stray too far from the well trodden paths, and I don’t regret a thing. Well there was a bit of a break in between the chaos of the cities where I stayed at a ridiculously amazing ryokan with a picturesque view of Mount Fuji.
My top trip highlights:
- Experiencing onsen in the cooler weather (with a view of Fuji-san).
- Countless soft serve ice creams.
- The food. So much great food.
- Stationery shopping, heaven for me.
- Eating all the sweet and juicy strawberries.
- Temple hopping – Kiyomizudera is STUNNING.
- Did I mention food?
I’m contemplating doing a stationery haul soon. Let me know if there is anything you’re particularly interested in!